"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Monday, June 27, 2011

Bye-Bye Mommy!

The day that my first baby was born, it finally hit me how much my Mommy loves me. It was her love that got me through the emotional rollercoaster of my first week of being a new mom.
I knew that she and my hubby would put up with me, so I was free to cry over "spilled milk" or spit-up or whatever the mama drama happened to be. My friend, Toneya, is saying goodbye to her Mommy today. Mama Bonnie is flying back to KY after spending the last month in Seattle with her first grandson.

Please, post something in the comment section for Toneya and her Mommy!

5 comments:

  1. hey toneya: my mom was in KY while I was in NC. I really had to learn to aim for QUALITY not Quantity time. The first few years of visits I kept thinking the visit needed to be longer...and I almost became obsessed with that. Focus on the great moments....and skype a lot (i didn't have that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonia - Jackie made a great point when saying she finally realized how much her mom loved her. I don't think you truly understand the unconditional love of a mommy until you become one. Remember that your mom is only a phone call (and a flight away). You are so fortunate to have your mom. Glad you and Bheem got to spend this so important time together! - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dear friends! It is so true, there is nothing like the love of a mother. What am amazing unforgettable month it has been. Can't believe starting tomorrow it will be just the three of us. So much to look forward to, including lots of skyping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonia, so grateful you had that wonderful time with your mom--and will continue to have her love, support, and wisdom. Hope your first few days as a family of 3 are going great! And yay technology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read Jackie's blog. Thanks sweetie.Tonya, I also know how your Mom must be feeling. I bet she misses you all so much.

    ReplyDelete