"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Daring Adventure


"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Wow. Helen Keller's quotes always amaze me: to the naked eye she was missing so much, yet her spirit was so bright. She also said, "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

My parents have been faced with their own trials recently. They celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary last year by taking their six grandkids, four kids, and three kids-in-law to Hilton Head. Shortly after, The Stupid Cancer popped into their lives. It is a horrible disease with horrible treatments, but...I am so moved by the peace within them. Things that mattered, seem trivial now. The people, the moments, the laughs---now, that's what matters. 
 Sunrise,
 and sunset;
 
 the lollipops;
 
 thoroughly enjoying the lollipops;
taking their first grandchild on a horseback ride,
 
and recording it;
 three-fold;
 
 doing the same for #5;

cherishing what they do have;
 
including a weekend at Pipestem State Park in WV with amazing fall folliage! Thank you Gigi and Papa Bruce for being such an inspiration. We love you!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you have the Big C in your life! I had no idea. Have you been to Ivy Green yet? It's a must for any Hellen Keller fan! I'd go over to Tuscumbia with you any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting, Jackie. Beautiful.
    xoxo jojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures and glad you had a sweet visit with your mom and Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. Erin, I haven't been to Ivy Green yet. Sounds like we need to take a road trip! :)

    ReplyDelete