"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lexington

On our way to Spradlin Branch Hollar we made a quick stop in Lexington. Since my girls are animal-lovers and especially horse-lovers, this was a great place to be! Evie got to ride a pony for the first time. Can you see the pride on her face??
 
 Elise is an old pro!
 Next, she got Daddy to carry her.
Elise was deep in thought about...I'm not sure what...maybe her prayer from last month: "Dear God, I really want a horse, but my daddy won't let me. Amen." I was also racking my brain on how to get a family photo...self timer?
 ...didn't really work out...so, we asked someone to take it for us!
 Then, the foal came over to Elise, and she started feeding him grass and clover.
 
Needless to say, they had a BLAST!! And, then, the horses had to go in the barn to eat...
...not sure *what* she is thinking here...not sure I want to know either!!
What a beautiful day! You would never know that Evie kept us all up until 4 a.m. or that we got to Keeneland only to find out that the races didn't start until the following day! You would never know, except I told you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment