"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Monday, November 14, 2011

My Wish

Some people whine forever about a hangnail or anything slightly unpleasant that comes their way. At times in my life, I've definitely been there. Recently, however, Papa Bruce has inspired me to embrace my life, to make it a daring adventure. During our visit last week, we eked out every bit of fun with the grandkids, solved world hunger over coffee, and laughed with friends and family. On my way home, I felt whole, I felt complete, like I'd finally gotten the something I'd been missing. I had cooked him chicken n dumplins and chicken salad. I had provided Evie as entertainment. In the end, though, it was Papa Bruce who helped me to cope with his doctor's diagnosis that his days are numbered.
As the holidays approach, I would love for you to do me a huge favor. Please, embrace the season. Enjoy every moment, or at least as many as possible. It is our Papa Bruce's favorite time of year. We always say that he is just like Chevy Chase on The Christmas Vacation. He loves getting all of the family together. He loves shopping for presents, even if it is on Christmas Eve! He loves being cheesy and sentimental and more than a little child-like. So, when the shoppers get to you, please remember it's the love and not the presents that matter. Skip the stress, and share the love this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment