"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I'm thinking this is just an Us Thing. Every year, usually twice a year, we have a burst of visitors. We're having one right now. Five weekends in a row loved ones are visiting. We love it! Extra hands. Extra love. Just excuse us if we use the wrong names. 

1 1/2 weeks ago, Almost Cousin Gabrielle, Almost Aunt Missy, and Uncle Brian came to watch Elise's first soccer game of the season (oh, and to watch Gabby graduate from Space Camp while they were here ;) ).
Then, of course, a pancake breakfast with Belle and The Banishes was in order.
This past weekend, it was Gigi and Papa Bruce's turn! :) The highlight of our weekend (or, more accurately, the only time I remembered the camera, the SD card, and charged the battery) was the ice cream truck!
   
Well, excuse me! Those are the only pictures I got of everyone! And, this one of Evie showing off her drawing skills:
I promise to do better for the rest of The Burst---well, maybe not the next two. You forgot, didn't you? I won't be here for the next two rounds of visitors. Aunt Kiki is the stand-in Queen Nurturer this weekend, and Bebe and Poppy will cover the following weekend. I will be basking in the sun on the beach then telling Hillsider stories from The Days Of Old in Seattle. Hopefully, the substitute photographer will do better than I did...But, the last weekend of The Burst, I promise to get a lot of pictures!!! My BFF from high school will be in town + her bourbon-loving hubby + her 3 mugwumps. Soooooo...we are quite a handful when you put us all together. It should make for some fun pictures. :)

3 comments:

  1. you are a love, lovie. and so is your fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful time. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm in. Love your blog (again)!

    ReplyDelete