"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Swim Mom

It has been way too long since I've posted, but I'm going to try to give it another go! Wish me luck...

So, I started my summer with a "if-you're-not-going-to-have-another-baby-we-need-to-get-this-sucker-out-of-you" hysterectomy. The first 2/3 of my summer was defined for me: missing my eldest child's birthday party, keeping my wild 2-year-old safe without picking her up, no traveling, and lots and lots of watching my amazing 6 YEAR OLD compete on the swim team...
 Her coach, Miss Darby, inspired Elise to...well, to compete. I am so thankful for this young lady! I hope that my little girl continues to idolize sweet young thangs like this one!
 She worked hard at practice...
 
...and followed directions.
That little booger on the left is the one I struggled with...She is fearless, jumps in the deep end without knowing how to swim, comes up smiling...and I wasn't allowed to pick her up! Somehow with the help of our friends on the swim team, this child survived without resorting to a leash!
Without the help of these kids, I'm not sure that Elise would still have a baby sister! Love them!
 
Well, I had a lot of help from The Tall Kind as well...
Thank you all---including those who have not been pictured! :) You helped me survive the summer---as well as become a Swim Mom. I dig it!
And, thank you Sandy for these last three pictures! Awesome!!

Another promising event from the summer is that Elise might start having sleepovers with girls... as evidenced by these pictures...
 
 Woohoo! Teenage sleepovers could be a problem otherwise...

Go, Elise, go!

Kick! Kick! Kick!
I am so proud of you, little girl!
Much love, Your Swim Mommy                                         





1 comment:

  1. awh great story! Maybe we'll see her in the Olympics one day! Glad your back

    ReplyDelete