"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Friday, September 2, 2011

Women of the World

I recently read about The Feminine Mystique, which dared housewives in the 60s to think for themselves. It is truly amazing to me what women can do when we work together. Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of enacting the International Women’s Bill of Rights, and I for one know that we can change the world if we work together. To prove it, I wrote this little diddy:

Women of the World, Stand Up.
The Diligence You Give to Your Life, Give to Yourself.
Invade your Space with your Presence, 
             Wake the World with your Compassion.
Hold your Childhood in your Embrace, 
             Fill your Limbs with your Soul.
Pay Homage to your Mother's Mother, 
             Be a Hero for Your Child's Daughter.
The Cruelty in this World will Not Destroy Us when 
              We Embrace One Another.
Stand Up.
Stand Up for Your Dreams.
Stand Up for Your Babies.
Stand Up for Her Babies.
Stand Up.


No comments:

Post a Comment