"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

No pain.


So, I really don't like the motto "no pain no gain." Like, all of the benefits gained from enjoying a nice glass of wine, and it's just not painful at all! And, telling old Hillside stories: lots and lots of good feelings gained. No pain at all. Snuggling up next to my hubby next to a nice, warm fire. Baby gained, yet no...okay maybe there *was* a lot of pain!! But, I *prefer* the motto, "No pain."

It's just that in certain circumstances (like having a baby), we all have to go through pain to get the *particular* gain we may desire. My current painful gains: I'm growing my hair out *and* trying to get in shape. These particular goals are both very painful, but I gave myself a little shove. So far these are the results:


 
Seriously. This is sooo against my motto. Pain to the body *and* the ego. Not to mention the randomers pulling on them!

Yet, I'm posting pictures...I just know "my fans" love to seeing embarrassing pictures of me---and I love to make you happy---consider these your early (or belated) birthday presents!











No comments:

Post a Comment