"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Little Shove

I wish I had my dog's desire to run around for hours (or minutes) on end and his contentment at sleeping for hours on end, but then again I might not have any friends...Nevertheless, it irritates the bejeezle right out of me that I don't want to exercise and eat lettuce, but I won't be content unless I do. Therefore, when I notice loved ones struggling with hurdles on their road to contentment, I'm always the first to give them a little shove---not really hard or anything, just a little...boop. Like when my mom and Papa Bruce kept stalling about getting a dog. I knew that's what would make them content, but obstacles just kept standing in the way. So, I *may* have organized a team of ten or so to build them a fence and I *may* have tried to force my dog on them and I *may* have sobbed, "I just know this is what will make you happy, so why won't you just take him?"

I know. It sounds annoying, but it's actually very charming. :) So, last weekend, they adopted Charlie:
 He is such a sweetheart, and they are SO content. :)

Just in case any of you are in need of a little shove in the dog (or cat) department:
Beth, Boscoe, Byron and Honey are all looking for some lovin---and that's just here in Huntsville!

For those of you who really don't want a dog but are trying to find your road to contentment, ask me. I have ALL the answers...just ask my family! ;)

2 comments:

  1. hahahahhaaaaahaa. you are hilarious!!!
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Charlie is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete