"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rochester, NY

Okay, okay. So, maybe we didn't pick the *most* interesting towns to visit, but you're talking to a girl who lives in Huntsville, AL. It's not like I'm a thrill-seeker these days---plus, it takes a lot of hospitality to accommodate two little imps who destroy the grounds, keep the neighbors up all night, and drink all of the juice. So, basically, we were limited to the homes of those who *truly* love us!! One of those homes just happens to be in Rochester, NY...and Aunt Semmie runs that kind of establishment.
Semra invited us to dinner the first week we lived in Huntsville, and we've been friends ever since. Well, except for those few months when I had to get used to the idea of them moving back to Rochester---I wasn't really her friend then. But, I've gotten over it, because it's not everyday you meet someone who shares your love of sarcasm, pushiness, laughter and parties. So, I kinda had to become her friend again. You understand, right?

Elise was more than a little disappointed that our 1st destination on Road Trip 2011 didn't involve a playmate for her. So, I promised her the Almost Three Year Old in Rochester.
The coaxing turned out to be a good idea, since Little Miss Almost Three totally idolized Elise. They were really cute together and even let Evie in on the fun every now and then...
...I didn't mean to imply that Elise was excited about this, just that she didn't hit her or knock her down to get her out of the way.

Now, for Evie the main excitement was the children's museum. I do have to admit that it was a very cool museum!
I mean, the others had fun too, but come on...what 18 month old wouldn't be in heaven there?!

But...the main excitement for me on the Rochester trip was to meet Baby Ricky!!
Don't let his mama tell you that she'd give him away, because *I* know that *she* knows that he's the cutest little thing in the whole wide world! :)

And...we got Semra's cousins to babysit one night so we could go out on a double date. The boys even had fun too! :)
I miss you already, Rochester!!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete