"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Family

So, you are definitely sick of hearing from me by now, but you have to keep reading. Why? You wonder. Well, because I'm going to reveal the real reason behind Road Trip 2011: family. That's right. The reason I got into an enclosed vehicle and drove 2507 miles with a stressful husband, a question-asking 5 year old and a shrill-screaming 18 month old is all because of family---the in-law's family that is now *my* family. Bebe and Poppy grew up in the Buffalo area then moved to KY with their young family, leaving some pi$$ed off family members in their wake. Still, 33 years later, Aunt Sheila (Poppy's sister) is the angriest family member---she has never accepted the distance between NY and KY...so, we drive.
Elise on her first visit to see Aunt Shiela...
...and her fifth visit to see Aunt Sheila.

In spite of being the 3rd reason that my husband is spoiled (following only the MIL and SIL), she might be my favorite family member. Don't tell the others! I can't put my finger on it exactly, but something about being born on the 6th of May, loving The Closer, and the timing of her sarcastic comments...she is a dear, dear woman!

Although this was Elise's 5th visit to Buffalo, it was Evie's first. Miss Evelyn Grace never got to meet her namesake, unlike her older sister:
Grandma Evelyn with Elise at 5 mos

Evie did however get to meet a lot of other family members:
like Uncle Gerald (Bebe's brother)
Bebe's cousin Eleanor
of course, Aunt Sheila
and Uncle Al (Sheila's main squeeze)

To be perfectly honest, I'm not so sure that the girls got *quite* as much out of the visiting as we did. But...Eleanor does live on a farm! So, Elise got to ponder whether she wants to be a farmer or a veterinarian when she grows up:
I don't think she's decided yet...regardless, I'm sure we'll still be driving to Buffalo to visit our dear family! Love you guys! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment