"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fort Wayne, IN

Ever been to Fort Wayne, IN? I hadn't either, until last week. Although I dissed it a little bit yesterday, it is a little jewel of a city, especially for a "young" family. I have heard not to visit in the winter, though...Its treasures include a quaint, historic downtown, an absolutely amazing zoo, and the Spinneys:
Mama & Papa Spinney were *lucky* enough to spend elementary school, high school and college days with my husband...and now their Little Precious is Evie's age.

They haven't broken the news to me yet, but I'm pretty sure Evie taught her some undesirable tricks---hopefully, not the climbing to the highest place in the room and jumping off and hopefully not the hitting or the throwing toys as hard as possible or throwing food across the room. Their little Baby Girl is their first and has not been exposed to the likes of mine...although there is one trick she learned that is good!
Too cute, right? Evie has learned from big sis to hit and then hug, only I don't think she actually hit this time! And, I'm pretty sure this is a love pat:
And *sometimes* my girls have a blast together---maybe she picked up a little of that too?? ;)
I don't know about you, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This mama is just so sweet, nurturing, and grounded, that *I* for one don't want to mess things up for her. I mean, just look at this face.
I'm pretty sure you can tell just by looking into those eyes that she is a sweet, smart little girl who even slept (or remained silent) through the long, crying, sleepless nights!
Although we see each other on holidays in KY, it was so great to get to spend some quality time with this family. I just adored experiencing the love in their family. And, since we were quite a mess from the long drive and the sleepless nights, it was as if poor Sara had four more kids. Of course, she took it in stride, packing snacks and drinks for everyone, suggesting my eldest's favorite hot spot: the zoo, and just stuff like that...



Thanks, guys, for sharing your home, your family, and your dog!
 
Link, Elise says "hi"! We love and miss you guys----especially this Little Precious!

2 comments:

  1. Aww- that's so sweeet, Jackie. We had a great time. It was great having you guys here. Thanks again for coming to visit. It was so neat to see Ruby with Evie and Elise. It was also nice to spend more time than we usually get at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UM, I think you're following me, Jackie. :) I lived here, too . . .and dissed it often enough.
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete