"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Packing Lunch is Boring!


In case you don't have a 5-year-old, "_____ is boring!" is the worst insult known to man---or something like that. We're just into the fourth week, and I"m already getting so bored with packing lunches, ugghh! I've been reading some different tips and brainstorming and did some fun things to keep things interesting this week. I'm bored again, though.

The biggest hit was ham rolls:
It's the only thing Miss Elise has mentioned, "I LOVE the ham rolls!" Wow. Didn't expect that...I baked the ham slices with cheese on top at 200 for 15 minutes, then rolled them, stuck them with a skewer and cooled them in the freezer for 5 minutes so they they set, and then cut them in half.

The thing *I* enjoy most is using cookie cutters for fruit (as well as sandwiches on sandwich days).
Plus, the "crust" doesn't go to waste! ;)

Another goodie was the mini skewer for grapes...I was super-excited about the egg slices, but to no avail!
Plus, I'm not opposed to sending gelatin in the lunch box. It helps ward off the Little Green Monster (Berenstain Bears reference to jealousy---just in case you don't have a 5-year-old :) ) that arises in the kids from time to time.

And, just a fair warning: in spite of being very fun for Elise and me, I just thought I'd warn you against sending wooden sticks with whole grapes to the Toddler Room at preschool. I'm not saying I know someone who did, and it definitely wasn't *me* who had a note sent home from the teacher---nope, nothing like that happened around here! Shoo. That would have been embarrassing! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't show Anna your pictures or she will beg for lunches that look this pretty everyday. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete