"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Baby!!!

My baby girl, Leesey, the moment I met you I realized my purpose in life. Every fiber of me rose up to be your Mommy. Since that day, I have felt whole----alright, also slightly insane! Nevertheless, you made us a family. You made us your Mommy and Daddy, and we love our titles and *you* so much!
When you were a baby someone told me that the days are long, but the years fly by. So, so true!
 {last 4 pics by Erin Cobb Photography}

I can't believe how big you are today: your first day of kindergarten!
You walked into your classroom this morning like you owned the place. I am so proud of you! Last week your Daddy and I had to drag you into your classroom to meet your teacher and classmates. Literally. I physically forced you *into* the car, kicking screaming and crying. Your Daddy physically forced you *out* of the car, kicking screaming and crying. We half pulled, half dragged you into the school and down the hallway, where your teacher had to pull you into the classroom. You weren't in there two minutes when you spotted the horseshoe crab shell, and started chattering and even spoke to your teacher. I am so proud of you for facing your fears. You're a tough---and *stubborn*--- little cookie!

It didn't hurt that you had a fan club cheering you on!
All four grandparents drove to Huntsville for the occasion!
Plus, you had your surrogate grandma and little sister. Who could ask for more??

You have so many people who treasure you. We all love you so much, and we hope you love school more and more everyday!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Elise!! And mommy and daddy!! What a great milestone and what a great post to remember it by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, did you do any kicking, screaming and crying of you own, Jackie? C'mon . . .be honest. ;)

    Congrats, Elise! What a big step!

    ReplyDelete