"Last morning..." is how my eldest, Elise, described anything in the past. Now, she's starting kindergarten and has no use for this phrase! I want to remember this, along with all of our stories, so I'm putting it here on Last Morning's Adventures. I hope you can either relate or get a laugh. :)

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Deep Thoughts by Elise Roche


Michael takes Elise to school in the mornings. The day he left for Uncle Al's funeral, I received this text "I told Elise that Uncle Al died and I had to go give Aunt Sheila a hug. She seemed to understand that. So, expect some questions." Yeesh!

The last time we'd really talked about The Cycle of Life was around her 2nd birthday, when we had to put our dog to sleep. These are just a few of her responses: "Don't touch the rocket or you'll die and fly into the sky." "Uh-oh! It's raining in the sky, and it's getting HeeHaah wet." "I don't want to go to sleep because I might go to heaven and I want to live here with you and Daddy." So...I braced myself.

This time, however, her maturity about the matter actually soothed *me*. "Mommy, how can we live as long as Tie?" (my 96-yr-old grandfather); "We just try our best to be healthy and to be good people;" "Then, we'll live to be as long as Tie?"; "Well, we really don't know;" "That scares me;" "Me too, honey."

So, if you're searching for a longevity icon, this is your man:
His mama, Gaba, told him that the key to her 100 years was all of the peanut butter she ate. Maybe? I'd get hives, but you guys could try it! :)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss Jackie! Sweet words from Miss Elise.

    ReplyDelete